Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WHAT INDEPENDENCE MEANS TO ME

Does it mean a day off work? Day at the lake? BBQing? Being with family and friends? It can IF:

You are thankful for your freedom. Freedom isn't cheap. Ask a family member of a fallen soldier. You say I am against the war. You can thank a soldier for your freedom. Freedom of speech. For freedom of religion.

Have you shook a hand of a soldier (past or present) and tell them thank you for your service.

Let me introduce my son Richard:
He has been apart of the Oklahoma National Guard 45th for 17 years now. He has help with service for Oklahoma in many different ways. He was part of the group that went to New Orleans when Katrina hit.

He has now served three tours over seas. Twice to Afghanistan and once to Iraq. I am so PROUD of my son and Thank him and his buddies for all they done for my freedom.

Thank you to all past and present Soldiers. WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam. I don't want to leave any one out.

I want to say HAPPY INDEPEDENCE DAY to us all, and close with this:


2 comments:

  1. Jan, those of us who are PRIVILEGED to have a soldier in our lives know the meaning of freedom and sacrifice....I know how proud you are of you son, as I am of mine, especially when he was serving in the Army. Our veterans still do not recieve what they DESERVE for their service. Tell you sone thank you for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms Barb, I will. And you are so right about they don't get all they deserve. We can only pray that one day it will happen.

    ReplyDelete